Keyword research is a central element of any SEO strategy. For SaaS companies operating in a specialized and competitive market, it is especially important to identify the right keywords to effectively target potential customers.
Selection of SaaS-specific keywords
SaaS companies should focus on keywords that specifically describe their software solutions and their unique features. This may include the following:
- Product names or specific functions of the software.
- Industry-specific terms that appeal to the target group (e.g. “CRM for real estate agents”).
- Terms that emphasize the advantage of the cloud-based model (e.g. “online accounting software”).
Long-tail keywords and their importance for SaaS products
Long-tail keywords are longer and more specific search queries that often have less search volume but can have a higher conversion rate. They are particularly valuable for SaaS companies because they:
- Targeting users who are looking for specific solutions.
- are less competitive than generic terms.
- Often reflect the intention of the searcher more precisely (e.g. “How do I integrate tool X with tool Y?”).
Identification of questions and problems of potential customers
An effective approach to keyword research in the SaaS sector is to immerse yourself in the challenges and questions of the target group:
- What problems does your software try to solve?
- What questions might users have before deciding on a software solution?
- Tools such as “Answer the Public” or forums and community platforms can provide valuable insights into the concerns and requirements of potential customers.
By tailoring their keyword strategy to the specific needs and questions of their target audience, SaaS companies can ensure they are present in search results when potential customers are looking for solutions they offer.